Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

So this was going to be a Happy Day full of food and family and of course...it ends with me being treated like a second class citizen, because my father has issues with me. Whatever, his problems are his problems and there is nothing on this earth I can do to make him happy. So I stopped trying to understand him or make him happy a long time ago. I just try my best to NOT be like him.

Thanksgiving is a day about family and being thankful for the things and people you have in your life! I try my best to be thankful everyday, but this is a day where we sit down and actually think about what we have to be thankful for!

In this time of economic trauma a lot of people will find it difficult to find thankfulness...which makes me even more thankful for what I've been blessed with this year. I'm not going to name everything...but there is one thing I am especially grateful to God for...he has showed me what I am missing and though I'm not all the way back I'm slowly making my way to him.
I am grateful most of all for the opportunity I had to volunteer this year and I'm thankful that my mom and Amber and Danae wanted to do it too!

Like I said I have tons of reasons to be thankful! But I just wanted to share those two things...I'm not trying to pat myself on the back...just trying to remember that feeling...which was awesome!

Thank You!

No comments: