Monday, November 09, 2009

Luke 22:31-32 (with creative license)

I have read this verse twice in the last two weeks...coincidence, I think not. Yesterday when I read it I thought of it differently. Thinking about my last year of turmoil, I decided to reread the verse, but with my name inserted...it made perfect sense and gave me a new understanding into why God allowed me to live through it all. So here's the verse below...with my name inserted!


"Melanie, Melanie, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Melanie, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."


If you don't recognize this verse it's Jesus telling Simon he is going to deny him 3 times. I haven't denied Jesus to anyone, but myself. I've denied him an outstanding place in my life and heart, because when I am going through hard times I lean on my own understanding...which usually results in even more hard times!

I can understand Satan asking to sift me and I can understand God allowing it, not because he wanted me to hurt, but because that's the only way I learn! The last part of that verse harkens back to something my Pastor Kevin told me about 8 years ago...."God will use your life to effect people, he's allowed certain things to happen in your life for His glory." I had forgot about that, but I get it. I'm always learning from others mistakes why wouldn't someone choose to learn from mine?

This was just something I wanted to share...something that provoked my thoughts, maybe it'll provoke yours too!

No comments: