Saturday, November 28, 2009

Did Adam Lambert Go Too Far?

Now, I only watch American Idol the first two weeks of the show...that's when all the bad singers are on! After that I'm done, I don't watch or worry about it in any way or form! I wouldn't know who Adam Lambert was if it hadn't of been for my cousin who loves him and watched American Idol hoping he would win it all! Well he didn't, she said it was rigged...it went to someone else, whatever!

Still I didn't care, couldn't give two cents to care...until my brother showed me his album cover (which is totally ripped off from Boy George) and I was mildly interested in what this guy was gonna come up with next! But not that much because I could have watched him on on the American Music Awards last weekend, but I chose to go to sleep instead!

The next morning I wake up to the knowledge that he pulled off some kind of inappropriate performance full of sex, violence and risque behavior not suitable for kids, Dick Clark Productions or the House of Mouse (owner of ABC). I couldn't believe what I was hearing and I couldn't watch it on the net, so I asked around...only one person could tell me what it was about and I agreed with her...inappropriate! The next day, I heard more about it in the media and I decided to look for in on the net...it's since been taken down. So I haven't seen it....but I did see something in a headline...why are we getting so up in arms about Adam Lambert in 2009 when we didn't care about Britney and Madonna and Christina a few years ago?

I surely didn't care then and I don't really care now, but I know that if I was a parent of a teen or preteen I would have been appalled that this form of entertainment (remember I haven't seen it, this is all from what I've heard) was available for my kid during a very superficial award show.
But I'm not a parent and I didn't see it....so all I have is hear say from all over...so like the title of this post I have one question...Did Adam Lambert go to far?

What's your opinion? How do you feel about the whole situation? Did he indeed go to far or am I and the media making too big a deal about it?

No comments: