Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Underwear Section and Tim Tebow

  So, as a red blooded American woman you'd think the thought of men in their undies would be something I'd love to see...to be honest...sometimes it is. But not in the Underwear section of a clothing store.


  I don't know why that is...maybe because in my experience, as an unmarried woman, the only time I go into the men's underwear section is when I'm with my mom and we're buying underwear for my Bro or Dad. In those instances, men in their undies is the least sexy thing I can think of. I hate the experience of standing in the middle of  rows of tighty whiteys, while black and white pictures of men in underwear with their junk leaning out to get me. I always complain about it and try my best to get out of the section as fast as I can without having to look up.
  So, I'm sure you're asking yourself why I'm talking about this...well this morning it was announced that Tim Tebow has signed a multi-year endorsement deal with Jockey. I like Tim Tebow...I like Jockey...I even think Tim Tebow is hot...but the first thing that came into my mind was me standing in the middle of the men's underwear section with a picture of Tim Tebow looming over my head. A look of sheer vapidness on his face while his (fill in the blank) leans towards me. Not Sexy...Not Appealing...Makes Him Less Hot!
  Now, I've seen Tebow in his underwear before (he did a thing with Gatorade during the Super Bowl and had to strip down to his underroos to sit in this egg thing...there are pics on the net) and the ordeal wasn't bad...but still that was different. Why was it different? Because it was...jeez! I don't really need to see him in his underwear. So the thought of walking through JCPenney and seeing a giant Tebow in his underwear isn't something I look forward to.


  After continued reading on twitter (where I learned of the announcement) I saw a comparison...Jockey will do with Tebow what Hanes has so successfully done with MJ...if that's the case then great no pics of Timmy in his undies in the stores (have you ever seen MJ in his Skivvies? No, me neither only T-shirts). So doesn't this mean we'll get to see Tebow in funny commercials and not half nekked in stores...gosh I hope so...that makes me feel so much better.


  All in all....I have to say Congrats to Timmy on his new endorsement...now all he has to do is sign a contract with his team so he can go to training camp!

No comments: