Monday, August 02, 2010

The Simple Things

  If you know me then you know that I'm not that high maintenance (of course if you've been reading this blog, then you know that I am emotionally). I like the simple things in life, I don't need a big to do and I don't need to go out and party my life away. I'm fine with a good book, a good talk or just a simple but good day.


 Yesterday was one of those days...


 I got my hair cut yesterday and after my cut my little sister and I went out to explore and take part in our favorite past time...photography! We can a good lunch and then started to drive (with no particular destination in mind) we ended up in the Angeles National Forest. Along the way we stopped and took pictures...looked around at God's wonderful creation and talked about the things in our lives. By the time we were done we were both completely nackered, but we had smiles on our faces and love in our hearts. She has a digital camera so all her pictures were downloaded on to her laptop as soon as we got back (my film has to go to the shop to be processed). All I can say is beautiful! But it wasn't about the pictures.
  Yesterday was really about spending time with people I love and doing something I love...we could have stayed at the house and taken pictures in the yard and it would have been a lovely day. Simple, beautiful, special and lovely. It gave me hope for the week and recharged my overdue batteries...it also gave me a chance to get out and use my camera, which I have been wanting to do for a long time!
  We've made plans to do it again at the end of the month and hopefully it'll happen. I can't wait...it'll be a good way to spend my birthday.


  Until Next Time

No comments: