Friday, July 09, 2010

Hatin

  This subject has be bugging me for more than a year, so I have finally decided to speak on it.


  Rihanna and Chris Brown.


  Over a year ago the night before the Grammy's there was an altercation between Chris Brown and Rihanna in the rented vehicle they had for the night. The results of which left Rihanna beaten and bloodied. Now, I'm not going to speculate on what happened that night, who was at fault, or who started the fight. What I do want to talk about is one particular persons view about the situation and it's results and why I think that person is full of it.
  After photos leaked, most people turned their backs on Chris Brown...because, well, in this society its wrong for a man to put his hands on a woman, let alone beat the crap out of her like she was a man. From the photographs taken by LAPD, that's just what Chris Brown did. He beat the crap out of and left her on the sidewalk. Bruises all over her body, bloodied and left without any assistance. Rumors are that this was not the first time he'd hit her either...but I'm not going there.


  After the incident I had a conversation with someone (we'll call her Ann) who said, "I hate Rihanna", when I asked Ann why she said it, she went on to explain that in her opinion it was Rihanna's own fault for the beating. That Rihanna should never have picked up his phone and started going through it (supposedly the fight started when she found dirty texts from some other woman on his phone). Ann also said that Rihanna had no business looking through his phone. When I asked her if this had happened to her and her husband would she feel the same way...she attempted to make the two situations different. Ann also tried to backpedal and say that no woman deserves to get beaten.
  Over the last year, every time someone mentions Chris Brown or Rihanna, Ann makes some kind of comment about that situation. Always saying the same thing... "I hate her", "It was her own fault" and "She ruined Chris Brown's career".
   I chose to no longer listen to Chris Brown after this incident. I only like two of his songs anyway, so it was really no big deal to me. What is a big deal is that another woman would blame Rihanna, the victim, for this man beating her. I mean she could have called him every dirty name in the book and still that's no reason to hit her and if a woman (or man) feels like there's ever a reason for a man to hit a woman well then I'd gladly give them my two cents on it.
  Rihanna got beat up, Chris didn't/doesn't know or understand how to control his rage enough to not hit people. When you're in a committed relationship and pick up your significant other's phone and start looking at it then, well, look at it. He felt no need to lock his phone or he told her the pass code, either way (if the story is true) he felt no need to hide his phone from her. So she found stuff she doesn't like and like any normal woman she goes off....so he beats her head against the window and starts hitting every body part he can reach? Really?
   I had to think, was this acquaintance of mine really saying that she thinks Rihanna deserved that or was it something else. Ann happens to be black and there are many (she being one) black women who don't like black men dating outside their race....wait, you're thinking Rihanna's black...well, sorry to tell you but most (American) black women wouldn't see her as such. She's Caribbean...or Barbadian so therefore she isn't black! I didn't put this all together until the whole Tiger Woods mess. Because Ann believes that Tigers wife shouldn't get anything but jail....yes she thinks that Tiger should have called the police on his wife that night and sent her to jail. Because this white girl took a good black man and beat the crap out of him when she found out he was cheating...so I asked her "what would you have done?" because I know her enough to know that if her husband had cheated she would have done worse then chase him around the house with a golf club. .
   But this isn't about men cheating on their women, this isn't even about people getting beatin, this comes down to Black men with non-black women. For me personally it's not a big deal...it's very minor. I happen to come from a family of mixed people...I have Mexican, Black, White, European and American Indian people in my family...So, to me, love and life is just that. The color of ones skin doesn't effect me....but to Ann it does and it makes me wonder even more, if that is the true reason she hates Rihanna?

No comments: