Friday, May 28, 2010

Goodbye Facebook!

 Goodbye Facebook you were fun while you lasted, but I found myself increasingly unhappy with you and the people on your site...so I bid you a farewell! I will always remember the fun we had together but I won't really miss you.


  That's right, after much debate and plenty of thought I've decided to stop wasting my precious time dealing with something that really just got on my nerves. Facebook started out as a fun way to keep in touch with my Ventura friends...but over the course of a few years the friend base got wider and turned into something I wasn't a fan of. Granted, every one of my friends was added by me, but in the end I just didn't feel like I was getting anything beneficial out of it and even found myself annoyed by the endless trivial nonsense I was receiving o a daily bases.
   I was also very unhappy with the changes being made by the company. These changes seem to steadily grow to make our privacy much less private and to steal our personal property for their future benefit (and in any way they saw fit). For me this is the best decision, my use of the site had become less and less and when I did use it I just got annoyed by people.
  So I'm Facebook free! And it feels so good, some of those people I will really miss seeing but others I really don't care if I hear from them again...that may be sad, but the people I really want in my life are IN my life! A social site isn't going to change that!
   And as of now I have 3 blogs and a twitter account so, I'm not at a loss for mindless Internet entertainment! I alright...I gotta go work on another blog now! 
    See Ya!

No comments: