Saturday, May 08, 2010

Can't Resist

  
 This is something I wrote a couple of weeks ago. I put it away and forgot about it. Then I changed purses and found it again. The day I wrote it I couldn't not smile. I felt really good, even though the feeling was fleeting it was nice to know that I could still feel that way.


   There's always that one person you can't resist. The one person who makes you giddy, who makes you feel good even if you know they're not food for you. We all have one and mine just popped back into my life.
   I ran away, I left a situation that would have gotten me in trouble if I had stayed. I knew it would, because I set myself up for it. I let myself fall into it because it was better to be around it, then to not have it. But at some point you have to figure out what's best for you and I did. The best thing for me was to leave, so I left and it was right.
   After sometime I got a phone call (several actually but I never answered the others) and knowing what I was doing I called back leaving a friendly message, nothing more, nothing less. Then it happened, the conversation that should have taken place years ago. I told truths that I had held on to and they were taken and understood. I was honest with my feelings and even though they were reciprocated they were acknowledged. And it feels good!
   Now I have that rush again, that shortness of breath, that flutter in my stomach, the longing in my heart feeling that I thought went away with time and absence. I was wrong...it's still there waiting to hear that voice and see that face again. I miss him, and even though I'm older, he's still a trouble I don't think I can resist.

No comments: