Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thought for the day

Sometimes we find things around us to distraction us from what we want, need or have to do. It's easy if you have a demanding career, a family, an active social life or even just lots of shows saved on TiVO! But think about what you really want to accomplish, either for yourself or for others...whether it's a goal previously set or just a whim. Sometimes it's good to just sit and put things into perspective and see how your life's going. See where you've come from and how that has changed or empowered you in the now.

I've been thinking back about the last year of my life and wondering how I came to be where I am. I know that it's all God cause if you had asked me a year ago what I would have been doing now, I probably wouldn't have had an answer for you. A year ago, I was working with kids, loving the job, the students, the teachers, the parents...even most of my co-workers. But the boss who ran the show, were jerks, who didn't and don't understand that sometimes you have to help your employees run a successful program instead of doing your best to make their lives miserible. When a pro gram has recooped 95 percent of their budget in the first 3 months of the year then you have to look and say why, how and who is making this happen. It was a team effort with the support of great parents, but ultimately because of one persons bias it is doomed to fail.

I got out of that job and moved on the another, one that started out as promising and was until I had to face the fact that I wasn't happy. The situation, in my eyes, was getting bleak and there was really nothing I could do about it. I took the job as an out of my previous job and for a while it work and I enjoyed but when I really sat down to look at yself I realized I wasn't happy. Once I finally admitted that to myself, God dropped my current job in my lap. I'm happy here, so far so good. I have no complaints. I'm learning new things and ways to look at the world around me.

The truth is that God put me in these three jobs and situations because I had something to learn and I have. I've seen, heard and experienced different things in each place, so my learning has been vastly different, but learn I have...mostly about myself, and how I should treat others....how to understand further how other people behave and why they do so. Lastly, especially in my last job, I learn patience...on many different levels. I'm glad for the experiences and the people I've met along the way... and now that I'm in a new place I can't wait to see what God has instore for me.

1 comment:

KBugg said...

I can't wait to see what God has in store for you either!

Don't you love surprises?!?!?
xo