Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dinner With Friends

So, tonight I'm at the Blackstead house having dinner. Amber, Paul, Mike (Paul's best friend), Laura (Amber's mom), David (Paul's dad) and I all sat down to Bar B Que Tri Tip, Parmesan potatoes, baked beans and Lemon Squares for dessert. The food was really good, Paul grilled the meat and Laura made everything else. We ate around the table and had good conversation.

I love coming over to their house for dinner. It's always a good time with good food and you never know when you are actually going to go home, if you're going to watch a movie or play Guitar Hero. No matter if it's BBQ, roast or orange chicken and potato salad, we always eat well and have a blast.
My favorite meal that Amber cooks is her version of Orange Chicken and fresh made Potato Salad. I don't know how she makes it but I know it's good and after a while I start to crave it. And then I have to give her a call and ask if (or more like when) she'll make it for me again. When her mom's in town, there's always an unspoken guarantee that there will be some kind of fresh homemade sweets in the house. YUMMY!
If you've gone to the link to see my Idaho trip pics then you've seen who all of these people are. When we get together we have fun and laugh alot. Mike and I don't see each other very often so when we get together we act like complete morons and Amber always gives us the O.M.G. look when she thinks we have gotten out of hand. I think that Mike is used to getting that look from all his antics with Paul. But I only get these looks when Mike's around....so yeah, it's all his fault. David is well, he's David...he is tough to crack but when you get used to him, if you can, he's a crack up. His humor is dry and most times you think he's mad at you, but he's not that's just who he is. Laura is nice and she likes everyone (almost), she always gives people the benefit of the doubt and she puts up with all of us crazies and she makes good food.
Anyway, days or nights at the Blackstead are good times. The boys love cars and the girls love talking while we watch the boys work on cars. And I love the dogs...well I love one and I like the other one. She's not really a dog, she's just weird. But, I digress...nevermind...I'll end this post on that thought. Until Next Time...

No comments: