Thursday, August 28, 2008

The World From a Place



Sitting above the heavens to catch a glimpse of earth below, like a magic veil being lifted from my eyes I see the contrasting of colors, textures and terrain
I am lost in wonder as my world and skies are laid bare before me. Clouds of white cotton soft unimposing, but protective of whats below, kiss my feet with cool lightness quickly moving on to their next victim, leaving me breathless and undeniably eager for more.
It this where the angels tread? Their wings fluttering through the gaps where sunlight shines down to earth? Or is this place so perfect that God did not intend us to see it, but we defied him as always, seeking the knowledge he reserved for himself ? To that thought I am partial. I am in awe of the quiet beyond my window and yearn to sit on a cloud and watch the world unfold below me.
Vast as an ocean of green, brown, white and blue hues. Cities of lights, deserts bare and trails cut deep I cannot distinguish them but am content to do nothing but watch the time pass from my perch.
The sun beats my back and I am drawn into the my cool cotton home and listen to things I do not understand or care to.
I am home, in heaven, in this perfect place above the clouds where my heart is content and wants nothing more.

No comments: