Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall TV Reviews

  I'm going to now attempt to review the new shows fall I'm watched. Most of these reviews are after one episode. So I'm going to be fair...they could get better (or worse).


  First Off....HAWAII 5-0...Loved it! Yes, it's another buddy cop show, one over serious cop with a partner who, quite frankly, just won't shut up. I'm loving Alex O'Loughlin, but Scott Caan isn't my favorite. I think Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park do a nice job of rounding up the group. The only problem I have (besides Caan, who gets on my nerves...but has the best lines) is that at the end of the first episode I pretty much predicted what's going to happen at the end of the season. It was just too easy to see it coming.
  The action is good though and it's funny, serious and a good time so I'll continue to tuned in on Monday Nights until I just can't deal with Scott Caan anymore.

  NIKITA...I've said it before and I'll say it again. I loved the Nikita show that aired on USA in the 90's. Loved it! And I had high hopes for this new variation on an old idea (2 movies, 2 maybe 3 TV shows). I was not disappointed. Nikita is fast, action packed and sexy. Maggie Q pulls off a different type of Nikita, in look, style and stage of development. The only draw back is again the formula of making a hit show that everyone copies...I can see things coming. That being said, first episode ended with a twist that surprised me, which made me only come back for more.
  Nikita on Thursdays, I'll continue to watch her kick butt until the dialogue becomes too bland and I start to long for the old Nikita and Sydney Bristow.

  THE EVENT...First of all Blair Underwood is playing a Cuban...huh? They couldn't find a Cuban to play a Cuban? What about Andy Garcia (I'll watch him in anything). Well, that's not the only thing about this show that irks me. It's slow....painfully slow. It built like Heroes...only to leave us with one question "where'd the plane go?" (which was the ad campaign for the next episode...see the Heroes formula?). I don't care where the plane went because half way through the episode I was tired of the show. If I hadn't been watching it with my brother I would have turned it off about 20 mins. in. 
  It's predictable, it clumsy and it's trying to be too grand for it's own good. Flashbacks, flash forwards, time jumps of 13 months to 5 days and every single time I knew what was coming. No, I don't know what the event is, but I do know that this show just reaffirmed why I don't talk to strangers...they'll get you kidnapped or killed.
   I have no plans to watch this show again and if it turns into a huge success then great, but if it doesn't then I'm glad I didn't waste more than an hour on it.

   BLUE BLOODS...This one is a keeper...Brothers and Sister type family drama, with a little bit of dirty cop and a Free Mason Like conspiracy. GOOD GOOD GOOD...it wasn't what I thought it'd be. I was both excited, hurt and enthralled while watch this and I will tuned in again and again to see what happens to this family as they battle the system, the criminals and ultimately each other.
   Oh and by the way....where on God's green earth has Tom Sellick been hiding? No I don't think he's hot, but I have vivid memories of watch his mustache on Magnum PI as a child and I'm so happy it's back on TV.


   That's about it for the new shows...I'll review all my returning favorites after I've watched all the season premieres. Hope you all enjoy your new shows as much I enjoy mine.

No comments: