Monday, September 20, 2010

Don't give me your remedies...

   I'm a female and as a female one of my many features is this thing called menstruation. As a female I have to deal with this "problem" every month for 4 to 6 days, during those days several things happen...but for me the most troublesome is cramps! I've been dealing with this joy since I was about 12 and I can only remember two times that I didn't have to endure cramps. The first was the very first time and the second was last year. Other than that I have them...they are painful, burdensome and make me psychically ill (not overstating, it's true). I've tried everything and nothing works. So this is a rant for all those women who have tried to give me advice, though you are well meaning...I'm now 31 and have done all and heard all so your two cents aren't anything new...


   Don't tell me to exercise, just cause it works for your daughter doesn't mean it'll work for me (I tried it, it made them worse overall)

   Don't tell me to take midol...it doesn't work. My cramps are nuclear, midol can't deal


   Don't tell me to drink tea...just makes me hot (women run warmer when menstruating)


   Don't tell me to take a hot bath...see the above


   Don't tell me that they'll ease up as I become older....I was told this in high school and being 13 years removed from that time, my cramps are worse than ever, so that person was full of it and if they meant when I'm in my 90's then well I guess I have to wait.


   Don't tell me I'm faking it...when you throw up, can't get out of bed, get woken up in the middle of the night and can't function properly at work, then you can tell me I'm faking...until then shut it.


   Don't tell me to take something...most times I do take something and that something doesn't work...I have to literally take pills, cover myself with a heating pad (for about 2 mins at a time because of the slight fever) and lay in a quiet room, with no smells and something warm and filling to eat to get the pain to leave my body...other than that I'm in pain.


    I've done all these things (and more) and I'm stuck with this. This is my precious burden from God and I have to live with it. Fine...but I'd appreciated it if people stopped giving me their advice...especially if they are already in menopause!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. fanciful, extraordinarily fascinating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://mocne-strony.pl/z2882,opony/]opony[/url]