Monday, September 20, 2010

New Phone

  I remember a few months back I was jealous because my Brother had a bible app on his android phone. I thought (to myself) that I would get an app like that as soon as I got an android of my own...well, folks I got my new phone a couple of nights ago and it wasn't until about 45 minutes ago that I realized I hadn't already downloaded a bible app (but I had downloaded a "find Starbucks" app). So I installed the bible app and have been going along on my merry way since! Back to the phone...
  I got the Samsung Vibrant (which I keep calling the Vibrate)...it's an android and it's awesome...a website I found while doing research called it the "iPhone killer" and although I LOVE it and I do not regret not holding out for an iPhone, I wouldn't go so far as to call it the Killer...not yet. The phone has a beautiful colorful touch screen, plays video, has a great camera and is just all around fantastic (and yes you can make phone calls on it too).
 Like any new gadget I am very happy to play with it and learn about all it's new tricks...but as an "old dog", it's hard for me to learn some of the new tricks! This is where/when I'd pick up the handy dandy user guide and read read read all the info I could to help me...but the user's guide is lacking big time! It only has the bare minimum of information and the rest you have to learn with patience and by pressing every button you come across. I've learned some things that way, but a sufficient and specific guide would help me greatly!
  The phone runs on the google system...so I can easily get to everything I need, my email comes directly to my phone (without having to forward it) and I can get to my blogs without an additional app. Best of all, my social sites have greatly improved. Twitter and Facebook are amazing on this thing! So amazing that I've spent so much time on Twitter, I think I've forgotten about Facebook.
 Anyway, my phone is wonderful and I'm so happy I was able to get it! The only complaint I have so far is the user guide...well and the fact that I can't just sit and play on it all day. I'll update this with a picture as soon as I charge my camera battery (I've neglected it in favor of spending all my time with my phone).
  Until Next Time...

No comments: