Monday, August 30, 2010

The Fog

 Have you ever been in a mental fog? It's usually so thick and constrictive that you can't see it surrounding you, but you can feel it's weight on your mind and body. It kind of leaves you weak and ruffled, you don't realize you've been in it until you've made your way through it and see it glowing distantly behind you.


 That's where I am right now. I feel like a zombie that's stumbled through the last few weeks and now I'm finally starting to see and think clearly. I don't know how or when I stumbled into that state, but I do know that this summer has passed in a fog. A blur that has left me unprepared for the road that lies ahead of me. I vaguely remember work, home, movies, dinners and the occasional good nights sleep, but they all seem distant and hazy like I'm viewing these events through a dirty glass.


 Well my fog has lifted or I've made it through, either way, I can see the road ahead of me clearly. I can see the first steps I have to take and though they aren't difficult they will be hard.

No comments: