Friday, August 20, 2010

About a Dog

  So house and dog sitting is old hat to me...I've done it since I was about 18 and I've loved every minute of it. The fact that I can get away, cook my own food, clean up after myself (without having to deal with other peoples messes) and just be silent if I need to, is wonderful! I look forward to any opportunity to do so. For the last week I have been house sitting for two separate families. The first was just the house...I slept, ate, watched TV and washed clothes (it only lasted a couple days, but it was a great kick off) the second stint has been longer and involves watching a dog. The dog whom I've grown attached to and worry about when I'm at work!
  Her name is Lulu and although she didn't truly warm up to me until a couple days after my arrival (and after I walked her), I've worried about her since my first day in the house. She was sullen, wouldn't come near me, didn't eat and wouldn't go out to use the potty. The second day was better but only slightly. And on Saturday we made true progress with a a lazy morning and a walk! The week just got better and by the end of my stay I didn't want to leave her. But Alas, I had to!
 
  I'm back at home now, back to the ole grind and I miss that little dog. I got a text from her owner saying she was really happy when they got home. And I instantly wished it was me walking into the house after work to have her jump at my shins, following me around until I sat on the couch to play for a while. I've dog sat before, but this one was special. I hope that I get to care for her again soon. She's definitely got a place in my heart!

No comments: