Thursday, August 13, 2009

What is going on?

Okay, I'm an Angeleno (Angelino, however you spell it!), I was born and raised in the Greater Los Angeles Area. In the 80's I watched and enjoyed the Lakers, win or lose! My favorite player was and always will be Kurt Rambis! He retired and then came back as an assistant coach under Phil Jackson. Well, after years (and years) with the Laker organization he is leaving! How can this be! Not only is he leaving, but he's going to MINNESOTA!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Does he not know how cold it gets there? Has anyone tried to tell him that they don't go to Hawaii for training camp? Does he understand that this fan will miss watching the games just to see him writing something on the sideline? (well, he probably doesn't know about that last one!)

I am happy that someone has enough faith in his talents to give him the reins of a team, but does it have to be that one? It's so far and so cold and so....not LA!

Between the Lakers acquiring Ron Artest and Kurt Rambis leaving....I may be too hurt to watch any Laker games this year...and to think, I was actually going to attempt to get tickets! Boo!

No comments: