Saturday, August 22, 2009

Me and My God part 2

There are alot of changes that need to be done. I always find my inspiration in the moment that it's least useful. At a time when I don't have a pen in my hand to write it down or when in an instant I will forget it. This morning, "Lord give me a servants heart" went flying through my head. I remember it, because I've never asked for it before...I've never wanted that before, Never!

The servants are the lowest, that last...but Jesus knelt before His disciples and served them. I look around this world (country) and see everything telling me that I'm too good to be a servant and my mind totally rejects the claim that as a Christian I SHOULD be a servant. I should follow Jesus' example and serve the people around me? And even though my mind rejects it, all day I've been thinking the same thing, "Lord give me a servants heart"?

What's going on? Have I completely lost my mind? Am I in the process of losing my mind or is it that this silent little pray is what I've been hiding away in my heart? I've been told that the Lord will give us the desires of our hearts. I've learned that it's true, but it's not when we want it or how we expect to get it. I've had desires on my heart for YEARS that have not been obtained prayers that haven't been answered, but this one...this small little whisper of a prayer, I know God will give me. "Lord give me a servant's heart".

The first step for me will be this Saturday...I will be getting up at some crazy hour in the morning and heading out to West Hills to help some foster kids go shopping for new school clothes. All I want to do is make it a fun experience, be encouraging and serve. Because as much as I want to fight it, this is what I've been called to do!

I know that like any other relationship this one, between me and God, is going to take some time to mend. But I know He's patient and I know He wants to be actively in my life. So, I just have to get pass all my issues and open myself up to Him again

No comments: