Saturday, August 01, 2009

Pot and Kettle

My mom and I took my grandmother out to shop today. We were hungry, so we stopped and purchased ourselves some food. My father doesn't allow my mom to spend money she earns unless it's on him. So he called and asked her to go buy him some food even though she was only allotted 20 bucks today. He wanted Chinese from a place that doesn't take debit card and she had no cash, so he threw a tantrum and said forget it!

We got home and my mom made my brother and father food before she sat down and ate. 99 percent of the time I would have called the house and offered to buy food for everyone, but since my father doesn't feel the need to speak to me, I DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO BUY HIM ANYTHING!

He just told my mother, "I'm trying to fight her selfishness and you come home with food only for yourselves", well since he thinks I'm the selfish one I'm calling bullshit on this statement!
I'm listing just a few examples of HIS selfishness, so that you can see the pot calling the kettle black!


1. He is known to get hungry, go to the taco truck, eat and come home...like nothing happened while the rest of us are sitting here eating peanut butter out of the jar.

2. He is known to make himself lavish meals...breakfast and/or lunch not making anything else he doesn't eat most of the food he piles on his plate and he leaves the dishes for someone else to wash.

3. He is known to try to raise rent because he doesn't know how to pay his bills on time.

4. He is known to go buy beer when he could buy groceries.

5. He is known to do nothing, not going to the market or trying to make dinner when he knows there is absolutely no food in the house.

6. He is known to tell people they can't label the food they pay for, then he hides food in his room so he won't have to share...and on top of that he eat your food too.

7. He is known to treat people like crap then wants to get upset when no one wants him around or when, dare I say it, they treat him the same way.

8. He is known to be ungrateful, uncaring and unforgiving, but expects everyone to kiss his feet as he walks by!

Those are just some of the reason why I have lost all respect for the man who calls himself my father. He thinks that I am selfish, well he needs to look in the mirror!

No comments: