Saturday, August 22, 2009

Give me a SERVANT'S heart

Earlier this week I posted about my feelings about God and how I'm slowly but surely finding my way back to him. I told you how the prayer "Lord, give me a servant's heart" had been running through my mind and I had found myself praying it.

Well today, I took my first actual steps to be a servant of the Lord. We (my mom, Amber, Danae and I) got up early this morning and went to help foster kids pick out clothes for school at Kohl's in West Hills. I've been up (except for an hour long nap) since 3:30 this morning, it was still dark!!!! But I'm very glad/happy that I did it and could be used. I'm also happy that I my friends and family wanted to take part in it with me!

We didn't hang out together in the store (well, my mom and Danae were paired up). I had two teenage girls and their mom with me for about an hour and 45 mins. I didn't know how they were going to react to me, or even if they would interact with me (especially with their mom there) but by the end of it all...we had fun and they got some really cute clothes!

Lord, give me a servants heart!

At the end of the day, it didn't matter what time we had to get up, who drove or how tired I've been all day. What really matters is that those girls had fun. I don't know their entire situation, but it seems like they are in a very loving home with people who truly care for them. Their mom thanked me and said repeatedly that she was happy because I actually got them to shop (because she can't!), not only did they shop, but they both strayed outside their comfort zone and got clothes that they wouldn't normally pick out!

My prayer going into anything has always been, "God, if I can just affect one kid, if I can just make one kid happy, I'll be fine with that!" I think that God answered both my prayers today and I'm very happy about it!

Lord, give me a servant's heart!

No comments: