Saturday, March 01, 2008

Movie Reviews

Awhile back I started reviewing movies I've seen and think other people should see...well, its that time again and although both these movies came out in 2007 and were nominated for awards I am going to give them my seal of approval.



Juno

Okay I'm biased, I must say because Jennifer Garner is my favorite actress and she's in the movie (that's really the only reason I saw it). I am glad that I saw this film, its quirky, funny, poignant and it challenges your thought process. In the end its a great film. I do have to admit that there were times when I wanted to tell Juno to shut up or wake up, but I'm glad I didn't, I tend to over think movies and I did this one, once it was all wrapped up, said and done I was impressed with the story, cast and wit.
If you haven't seen Juno yet, go see it I think you'll enjoy it.




Atonement


The next film is Atonement, another biased choice, I love Keira Knightley, this movie made me angry, one of the main characters though, not the actual movie.
Atonement is a beautiful movie, the colors the costumer and director chose for both clothes and scenery are magnificent, apart from the story you can just watch the movie to enjoy the pictures...
But the story is epic and tragic...it's a love story gone wrong, but not because of the lovers, because of a jealous lie...the book and film try to make it seem like the misunderstandings of a young girl, who didn't know any better, but I call B.S. on that. She's a spoiled little liar!

Keira Knightley and James McAvoy are great together and the pain they show on their faces when apart is heartbreaking. I do have to say that this can be viewed as a "girls" movie, but I think if you open you mind, heart and eye to the story anyone and everyone can see apart of themselves in the three main characters...even Briony.

So those are my reviews, if you haven't seen either of these movies you should, they are wonderful.

No comments: