Monday, March 24, 2008

Family Dinner

Every Monday my Mexican Momma Maria has a family dinner, everyone gets together and has dinner together in a family atomsphere. We talk, eat, play games, watch TV and just are together. She decided to start these nights this year, I think she was feeling like we were all growing apart. Babies were born and people are growing up and out, so this is her way of bring us together and keeping everyone in touch.
Well, I should probably back up and tell you how this family came to be. I went to a small Christian School in East Los Angeles called Light and Life. In ninth grade this little seventh grader named Desiree started coming to the school. She and I became friends and over the last 15 years we've become so close that we consider each other family. Her mother, Maria, has adopted me into her clan and calls me her black child and I consider her brother J.R. and her sister Danae my family too. Des' aunts and uncles I call aunt and uncle, her grandma, I call grandma and everything. About six and a half years ago, Maria met Peter and they got married five years ago. Peter has two Daughters, Reina and Victoria...so together with Desiree, J.R., Danae and Me we have become a kind of Brady Bunch.
Desiree doesn't come to family dinner cause that fool took her kids and moved to Lancaster, but Danae's Boyfriend Michael comes to dinners and Victoria just had a baby named Paul. Tonight, there's a house full, including the forementioned people are Auntie Ruby, her daughter Amber and Amber's son Nikko
We are having shrimp cocktail and chicken and rice tonight, with chocolate cake to celebrate Michaels birthday. Well its time to eat so I will let you all go...peace out!

1 comment:

KBugg said...

Sounds like fun!!!