Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One of My Prayers

    In my list I included one that says I want a man who will see me. In order to understand that you really have to understand me...completely. No holds barred, no secrets, the really nitty gritty of me. Which is complex and venerable, strong and weak, confident and very very insecure. But you have to know me to see me. There are very many people I let see me, that real raw naked me. Because to put yourself out there in fear of rejection is something I choose not to do very much...and first I have to rebuild the broken heart before I put it out on display again.


    I say all this because this is movie called AVATAR came out at the end of  last year and in that movie. The Na'vi say I see you, and what they mean literally is that they see your heart and soul. The first time I saw the movie I thought two things....1) YES SOMEONE GET IT! 2) HEY HE STOLE ME THING! The truth is many people probably thought and felt the same. Intimacy isn't always about sex, it's mostly about being complete with someone else and how much more can you be complete with someone then by looking at them and truly seeing them, in return knowing that they see you too?

No comments: