Sunday, April 04, 2010

I Opened My Eyes to a World of Bad

 There are moments in life when you look around you and see the truth you've (probably) been hiding from yourself for a long time. For me this has been happening more and more over the passed year. Since American went off and decided to get all great and hire the first Black President it seems like the world is going to hell. Well, at least that's what I see now.

  I guess that because I've hidden my face away from the news of the world for so long I just live in this bubble that doesn't let the negative in. Which is fine by me, because really all there seems to be is the negative. Over the past year, the climate in this country has gone from bad to worse. Really, we've been overtaken by this group of people called the Tea Party (I'll talk about them in another post). Who, the more I learn about them, just seem to be the bottom barrel of hate filled imbreds ever! Recently, the Catholic church has found itself in the grips of another scandal...but its the same as before. This sexual abuse outcry has taken two forms, 1. people from different countries are beginning to speak out about being abused and 2. the pope (who was a Nazi) has been directly charged with doing nothing, actually covering up a serious series of abuse. He swept under the rug a priest who had abused more than 200 deaf boys he was charged with caring for.
  
   I'm disgusted, angry and my heart breaks more and more everyday! There seems like no end in sight! Earlier this week a series of suicide bombers attacked Russia. Now, honestly I can say I don't know what the attacks were about or why they happened, but it's just another tragedy in an already tragic world.

   "LET THE THINGS THAT BREAK GOD'S HEART ALSO BREAK MINE"

   I always thought about poverty, disease and war when I thought of that quote (which I paraphrased) but now I see that it's not just those things. I've opened my eyes to a world of madness and turmoil, with no end in sight. Everyday is more and more bleak, so much so that even some so called Christians have taken up a mantle of hate, yet dare to call themselves followers of Christ. Honestly, I've come to the end of what I feel is just the beginning of this revelation. I'm allowing myself to see and take in the true honesty of the world I walk in. Taking in all the things that my brain and heart reject, because if I'm going live in this world, if I'm going to pray and hope and love in this world, I should really know what this world is all about.

   Shouldn't I?

No comments: