Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sometimes...

you see signs that you ignore because you're not ready to take the truth at face value. I sometimes wonder why I lock myself away and cover my head with pillows, it seems that the world has it out for me.
When people disappoint me I look at myself and wonder what I did to make them act that way. But sometimes, the signs I chose to ignore clarify that it was never really my fault at all. I'm always too eager to love people and be loved back. THAT'S MY BIGGEST FLAW!!! I crave love, I crave being cared about and I try to give that to others. So when I am hurt, it's devastating to me, it breaks my heart and my head can't wrap itself around it.
I've put my heart away and I don't know if I will ever really be ready to take it back out. The unfortunate thing is the people who hurt you never know because if they were really looking at you they would have seen the signs that you were slowly starting to fall apart.
I sometimes dote on certain people on this page...that's because those are the folks I always feel I can count on... sometimes you realize that you can't count on everyone you think you can.

2 comments:

KBugg said...

I love you and your vulnerability, Mel. People know you care about them. That may end up getting you hurt at times, but some of your best relationships in life may or will be the result of what you consider your "biggest flaw". It's when people take advantage of you that it becomes a flaw. When those you you crave love and caring from reciprocate, then it's not a flaw. It's a healthy relationship. It's what your marriage will be based on some day.

KBugg said...

In my opinion. :-)