Thursday, June 19, 2008

Graduations and the heat...



Last week I went to two Graduations...the first was for my little sister Danae who graduated from Sierra Vista High School. She walked across the stage to thunderous applause and yelling from those who love and our very proud of her.
She will be attending Cal State University Los Angeles in the fall. Good luck Danae!

The second graduation I attended was for my friend Sam-Ana who graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a Master's Degree in Education. She got a light blue hood and a black cap and gown...and we all applauded as she walk out of the tent holding her newly earned degree.
Working full time, being a wife and mother and going to school is truly aspiring and awesome.


I'm at work today. And its hot....in fact its been hot all week and it will continue to be hot....its crazy that's its already this hot and its only the 3rd week of June. My summer will be interesting, hopefully we don't have any record days this summer like we did last summer. At this point, I have a feeling I will be dark and possibly melted by the conclusion of summer 08.

I hope you all are staying cool and congrats to any graduates I don't know about.

No comments: