Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Damage we do...



 We've all done damage to other people, whether intentional or not. To say that you haven't inflicted some type of damage onto someone else is dumb and wrong. I don't think the majority of sane, reasonable people do this damage on purpose, but they do do it.
  On Sunday, I was thinking about some of the damage that I've held onto for the past year or so. The damage that I, as much as I want to, can't seem to let go of. It's damage that was put on me unitentionally (at least I think it was unitentionally), but it was also inflicted by a damaged person. And it's us damaged folks who inflict and cause the most damage in others. This person turned into someone truly selfish when it came to me and my decisions. They couldn't see past their own agenda and needs to order to be supportive. I'm not sure the reason why this keeps popping up in my mind, maybe it's because it was unexpected and maybe it's because it was so sad to experience. When I needed this person they chose to not stand by me. They decided that they would instead try to diswayed me from following my heart.
   It's funny how you can see people's agenda in your life when you look back on it. The person was all for me moving, but just not for me moving away. All for me getting out from under the thumb of my parents, but not really for me branching out to be where I wanted to be. Their agenda for me was to become independant, but just a bit...because they still wanted me to depend on them. Once I told them I was going they didn't want to even really acknowledge it. It was like just any other conversation. I wasn't hurt, I knew it would go that way, but I was sad. Sad because it felt a lot more like a loss than like a happy farewell.
   All that happened in 2013, it's now 2014 and I'm still thinking about it. Maybe it's something I was always think about. Maybe it's something that I'm trapped in because of second guessing or maybe I'm just a sucker for blaming others. I can tell you one thing, it would have been nice to share this part of my journey with them. It would have been nice to have conversations and to lean on them like I use to, but that relationship isn't what it use to be. Maybe that's my fault, for not playing by the rules they set for me. Or maybe it's no ones fault and they were only set to be in my life for that period of time. Whatever it is...this is where I stand in it.

   Until Next Time,
   ~m

No comments: