Monday, April 14, 2014

Fight the Good Fight



  Fight the Good Fight...
  I've heard that phrase most of my life. I took it to heart and it means something to me, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person fighting for this fight. It's difficult to give perspective to the question because it's wholly mine and if I open that can of worms you'll never actually get me back on track...
  This is a notion that I've thought about. This fighting to hold on to, fighting to save, fighting for something I think is good. Maybe, I'm looking at this the wrong way. Maybe I am fighting this fight all by myself. If true, that's a shame because it answers another question, a question that I've been too afraid to ask myself (although I know I will have to ask it soon). I go back and forth never really understanding what I am looking at, what I am fighting for. The dream-like versions of good I have in my head, or the reality of it. Two very different things...two very different situations...both leaving my feeling helpless and stuck.
   So, the question I'm asking of my self is do I continue to fight the good fight, even though I'm fighting it alone or do I just throw my hands up and walk away? Would anyone even notice?

   Until Next Time,

   ~m

No comments: