Thursday, January 12, 2012

Picking on Michelle Obama (this is a RANT)

  Now, let me start by saying...I did not like W. I thought he was a moron who was controlled by Karl Rove and Dick Cheney. I also didn't much care for his daughters who, during the first four years, acted like spoiled brats. But I never said a bad thing about Laura, in fact, other than marrying a buffoon I never found anything to dislike about her. So hearing things about the current first lady that are clearly personal and mean it just baffling to me on many levels.


  Maybe people don't think it's the First Lady's duty to be so out and about on things she cares for. I don't remember Laura (or Barbara) really doing anything...Nancy was all about the war on drugs and Hilary was all about everything. I don't see how this First Lady trying to get a country full of BIG FAT PEOPLE to get healthy is a bad nor is her stance on helping our troops. But people sure do jump on her for "being in their kitchens" and "telling them what to eat". This is a country were our congress counts ketchup are a vegetable in school food, I think we should have someone in our kitchen who is trying to be a good example!


She supports her husband (through good and bad) and she gets railroaded for it. That's her job...it's called being a good wife. You support your husband even if he's doing a bad job...these same people would call her out if she didn't. The most recent thing I've heard is a Senator calling her out of having a big butt...okay so first of all. She's a woman and women have curves...thousands of woman are paying millions of dollars to have her butt (or JLo's, or Shakira's) just because she has a big butt doesn't mean she's fat! It means she has a certain body type that many many women want and many many men (probably including this practicular Senator) wish they had next to them in bed.


  Lastly, Christmas vacation in Hawaii...I'm pretty sure the Obama's have always gone to Hawaii for Christmas vacation. It's not like they just started doing it when they got in the White House. Considering that's where the President grew up, where his family still lives and that it's absolutely beautiful there I don't think it's too hard to believe they'd want to get out of dreary Chicago or Washington for a couple weeks. I actually heard someone say that Regan used to stay in DC for Christmas so that his Secret Service detail could have Christmas with their families...that's nice...but our last President spent more time in Texas than in DC over his ENTIRE tenure so why even go there?


  Republicans choose to pick on Michelle because they don't know what to do with an educated, articulate, lovely black woman. So they call her out on the stupidest of things without realizing it really makes them look stupid. I like Mrs. Obama, I respect her and I think she's doing a wonderful job as our first lady. And frankly, I'd rather our young girls follow in her footsteps instead of those of Rihanna, Britney or the Kardashians.

No comments: