Monday, January 11, 2010

From January 5, 2010

I had an interesting conversation with Momma Maria today. She told me about a dream she had about me.

I was working for a mega church apparently with a lot of responsibilities and I was traveling all over the place. My hair was different (the way I want it, before I told her how I want it) and we were at the church's coffee shop. I was on a date (with a tall guy). But I think the most encouraging thing was that I was happy.

I'm going through a transition right now, I feel okay (sometimes) that I'm not where I thought I'd be in life especially the "not married" part. But there are days when I'm down about not being in a relationship (like today when I noticed an engagement ring on a co-workers finger), about not having ever been in love, about whether or not I ever will be.

The conversation made me think and gave me a warm felling inside, like this could happen for me. That maybe God knows what he's doing. But Maria was right, he show us things we choose not to see. Maybe I'm not seeing what God has for me because I'm too busy telling him what I want.

No comments: