Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Aft!

I was not looking forward to celebrating Christmas at all. I didn't want to deal with people coming to the house, my grandma getting drunk and having to deal with my father who doesn't want to do anything, but wants to take all the credit. And all that stuff happened, but something unexpected happened too.

I was lamenting on Facebook about how much I wasn't looking forward to Christmas and Martha invited me up to Ventura to spend Christmas with them...then Jacquie said I should come up for Christmas Aft fondue at her house (it was more like come up here or feel my wraith). So on Christmas day I told my mom that I would be going to Ventura on Saturday and I invited her, but she didn't want to go. So I went and you know what! I had a ball....

I really enjoy the Gill, Alderson, Bangs family and felt so humbled by all the hugs and warm wishes I received when I got there. Even the kids were cool (even though I'm not sure they knew who I was). I spent the whole day there, just hanging out, talking, playing games, eating and enjoying the day! I had so much fun that I will fondly remember this day as my Christmas.

It was really nice to be around all that love and joy for the day. I had a great time!

No comments: