Monday, January 11, 2010

(From January 8, 2010) The Aldersons

This post isn't set out to belittle any family type relationships I have with others. It's just to point out the overwhelming sense of joy my heart feels at this point in time about the possibility of being wanted...as sad as that may sound.

God places us in a family unit to learn and grow while we are young, but sometimes the members of that family do more harm than good. Because of this we may unknowingly search for a suitable replacement. My childhood was scarred. I held resentment toward most people around me, so at a young age my search began.

Over the years I've found many variations on a family I can plug myself into, places where I felt comfortable and never left. Over time as I grew as a person I've strayed from most of those relationships moving onto a new family that could fit my needs.

This has been my pattern but that pattern has just changed. I've found a new family but this time instead of me imposing myself on them (which I actually tried to avoid, so I wouldn't be a pest) they grabbed me and haven't let go. What do I say but Thank You to them and to God. There's so much love showering down on me that it almost feels like the void of love I don't get from certain blood relatives is full...

Almost!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE YOU MEL! We are never ever letting go of you.
xo Kristi