Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today is a Good Day

My world has become brighter, happier and more lively just because I took some action and decided to be honest!

As I mentioned my former boss is no longer here, and because of that things have changed. Well, one of my co-workers has also left (gone off to a better environment) and with his departure I have found that I am at ease now. Light and airy like a truly tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Today I learned that something else was told about me that wasn't true. I know it wasn't true in my heart and over the last few weeks, this is just one more thing I have learned. Overall, I think that my name has been spoken so many times in non-truths that people really think I'm this evil person.

Upon hearing this new one, I decided to go to the two people I knew I needed to speak to, my area manager and the office administrator. I needed to sit down with them and speak, tell them the truth about myself, how I feel and just open the lines of communication...it couldn't hurt right?

Well, it's been maybe 30 minutes to an hour since I spoke to both (separately). I laid it out on the table and truth be told...I'm surprised and sadden at what I've learned.

Things that I was told over this past year were lies...lies built to hold me down, keep me scared and to keep me from moving on to bigger better things at work (which in turn effected my out look on life in general). I revealed things that I now know where BOLD FACED LIES! I told how I wasn't happy and came to work with knots in my stomach and how I never felt like I could speak to anyone because frankly, I didn't know who to believe. I kept most things close to the vest and thought if I did my job, kept my head down and didn't make any noise that I would be fine. I was wrong, and I was lied to.

I feel truly excited and happy! I'm on cloud nine, I'm sure that this feeling will fade but I'm going to hold onto it as long as I can. I'm going to remember it as long as I can and I will take with me the lessons I learned from this situation. I'm not going to go into a situation not trusting people, it's not my way, but I will, from now on, go to the source...I will stand up for myself...stop ducking my head, stop sitting by quietly and not speaking up. I plan on calling BS on the people around me who I feel are taking advantage of their positions.

This year has had it's ups and downs, I've cried...I've hid...I've believed that it was all of my own making...but today is a new day and I'm so excited about my future. I have someone behind me, who thinks I can do more than clean up after people. And I have people around me who I feel are willing to help me develop, learn and grow so that I can be better...not just in work but also in life!

I thank God for this year of learning and strife. I thank God for bringing me through and carrying me when I couldn't walk, I'm on this journey because He's put me here and I'll be here until he leads me somewhere else. I have a feeling there are still some lessons I need to learn, but I'm going to start fresh and new today!

No comments: