Saturday, October 24, 2009

So much to say so little time!



So my life has been slowly moving along since the last time I posted...it's been over a month and I've basically been taking it easy! There have been some changes, and I'll talk about those, but for the most part I've been gone because I'm been...chillin!


In September I decided to devote my Saturdays to college football, one team in particular, the Florida Gators! So my Saturday's have been put on hold for the next few months...basically I'm not doing anything with my weekend except for lying around in bed waiting for either the game to start or the nachos to finish (not really, the nachos thing was only last week). Since I'm not sleeping in on Saturdays I'm doing it on Sundays and before I know it it's Monday again! It's not a bad plan, just not the wisest one either, but hey I'm having fun!


I am in the middle of my first stint of Jury Duty, I have been placed on a Jury Panel and will go back on Wednesday to find out if my future lay in the courtroom or at work (basically I'll find out if I've been placed on the Jury!). I will tell you more about that this coming week, but I will say that I'm enjoying my experience and find it all very interesting!



Well, things at work have changed! I have a new boss, her name is Grace! My former boss moved out of state to pursue a new venture in her career. Grace has been here for 3 weeks and the changes I've seen and felt are so grand that I don't know if I can properly describe them! The truth is, she's great and I'm so comfortable and happy that the smile I paint on my face is actually a truthful reaction to how I'm really feeling. I'm not just putting a smile on my face and crying on the inside. That's how I used to feel! Everyday was a walk through hellfire and brimstone! I would come to work and literally as I got closer to the floors I work on, my stomach would begin to ache, I could feel my stress level rise and I just didn't know what to do about it.


I think God has been with me this whole time, I mean he bought me to this place and he never left me, even when I felt completely alone! Now, there are no stomach aches, I feel better about my co-workers (most) and about being open to give my suggestions, comments or complaints! I don't feel like I have to stifle myself to fit in, I can be me. I've been encouraged to be me, that's the most refreshing part about it!

Things have changed and I am now wholeheartedly enjoying my job! Now all I need is a raise!


Ok, so I wrote about trying to get through "A Purpose Driven Life" this summer, well not surprisingly, I didn't get very far. I do have to say that this summer was not a good one for me. I was pulling away from everyone, I wasn't being a good friend and I just didn't really see the point (well, I did, but I wasn't ready!). I'm not saying that I'm ready now, but I do see God and I have this nagging ache to help the world around me. I want to make an impact on others...not only because God told me to, but because if I don't who will? I owe it to the people I love and the world around me to reach out and try my best to make this world we call home a better place! Will you help me?


And finally, the two most trivial...I've become slightly obsessed with Facebook and I can no longer be called the celebrity gossip go to person by my friends! I can't even get halfway thru the OK Magazine crossword puzzle anymore....I'm disappointed, but now I can focus on more important stuff!


Until Next Time!

No comments: