Monday, July 07, 2008

Writing

I miss writing, I write on here all the time but it's not really writing...it's actually typing. Computers effect my everyday life now more then they ever have. Even when I was working in an office working on a computer all day I still had to write. I was writing constantly. There was always a pen in my hand and a notepad nearby. But now, it's different.

I don't work within an office but I do work with an computer all day. I work with a computer in the field. If I write it's to remind to me write a note about my computer for the tech department. It's not fulfilling enough to satisfy my my need to write. It's seem that without that pen in my hand I haven't really had the need to express anything creative either.

I used to be able to sit and let things flow out of men through my pen onto paper. But now, I'm just stagnant, there's nothing even remotely creative trapped in my mind with the need to come out of me. It's sad really, it's a blank emptiness that I don't seem that get rid of. I'm lost without this part of me and frankly, I don't see an end to it.

I love my job, but I'm starting to wonder if it is causing me to lose part of myself.

I started to really focus on this blog right around the time I stopped writing in my journal. I guess I view this space as a journal, although i tend to sensor some things I write about because of those who read it. Maybe if I start writing in my journal again I will find myself more content in the my creative side.

I don't know, I'm just talking right now. I'm talking to hear myself think, not really for anyone else. Isn't that what this whole blog thing is about anyway. I have no clue who really reads this, so I just write. More to get my opinions out of me because sometimes I just can't seem to hold them in and sometimes I just don't have anyone to share them with.

No comments: