Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Reading

I'm reading again, right now I'm reading this book called Twilight. It is the first in a series of 4 books called the "Twilight Series", it's about Vampires (one of my all time favorite subjects...although this is the first book about them I've ever read).
Twilight is very much a girls book, it's about an awkward teenage girl going to a new school in a town she's fairly familiar with (her dad lives there). And she stumbles across this boy who she can't help but fall in love with. I just read this very intense moment that all girls, at sometime in their life, wish for. Where you are finally told (and in return you tell) what true feeling are flowing between you and how incredible it all is, without being overly sexual or cheesy just really special and quite poetic!
I'm really captivated by it, I started reading it around 6:30 yesterday evening and I'm almost done with it...I read it on every break I had today and basically every time I wasn't on stage or didn't have to pay attention to my boss. I'm taking a short break to do laundry and some Internet stuff, but then I'm going straight back to it.

I love reading, but it's been difficult to stay focused on a book lately. A former co-worker who wrote and published a novel sent me her book to read and I got about halfway and then faded, not because it wasn't good, I just wasn't in the right head space for it. I wasn't completely drawn in because I didn't allow myself to be. I was still more interested in what I had recorded on my DVR when I got home from work then what I in was reading. But when I'm done with this book I am going to restart that one and then I have one more that another friend suggest I read before I move on to the next book in the Twilight Series. I can't wait, but I need to finish the other books first, it's just the right thing to do and now that I'm back in the mood for reading I can't get enough books....


So if you have any suggestions for books I might be interested in just suggest them. I like fantasy (Harry Potter...well he kinda changed my life, Lord of the Rings) and girlie books (in her shoes). So anything like that. Dude, I just remembered...I also am intending to read Mists of Avalon and The Vampire Chronicles...it's gonna be a good summer for reading. I'm excited.


Until Next Time....

No comments: