Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's the Simple Things

I'm sitting at my best friends house and while we were watching Harry Potter I started to think about different adventures we've had over the years we've known each other. We've done tons of things....got drunk in TJ, sought out thrills at Magic Mountain, gone to countless dinners and on countless mall trips and we've even gone to the spa together. But I think my favorite time together was just this year. After not seeing each other for about a month Amber invited me over for lunch and we just sat in her kitchen ate lunch and talked. It was simple but it was special, just a moment with a friend. No expectations or distractions and when it was over I felt refreshed and reenergized! It was one of those days that I will always remember because of the way I felt. It made me feel good.
What I'm trying to say is, you don't always needs big events to have a special moment with someone, sometimes it happens when you least expect it and you still don't realize it, until like me, you are sitting in a room and thinking back on the moments of your life.
If you do have these moment cherish them whether in the moment or in hindsight. Those moments are the great ones!

No comments: