Saturday, July 05, 2008

Movie Reviews...


It's been a while since I've reviewed a movie and rightfully so....

First, I have to give you the background on this post. I started to write this last week about 45 mins after seeing Wanted. I started off by going on and on about seeing Indiana Jones and how disappointed I was and all this hogwash about rewatching the originals and being bored with those too. Then I started in on Wanted...I was writing this all on my phone and because I was walking down a hill and holding my phone awkwardly, I ended up turning it off and unfortunately lost the whole thing...so this is a new version.


Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

All I have to say is that I want my 8 bucks back!


Wanted.

Kicks butt. You all know that I love Angelina Jolie and I'm falling in love with James McAvoy! This is the perfect film for him to really kick start his career in the US. It's fast paced, smart and well...mind blowing. I wasn't bored (like during Indy) and I appreciated all of the special effects even though I knew every bit of it was impossible. I didn't care that they were bending bullets and flipping cars and all that because I was strapped in for the ride and enjoying it all.
Some may not get it cause it's too much this and too much that and very unbelievable, but a good movie is supposed to take you out of your world and put you squarely in someone else's. Sometimes when I watch a movie on the big screen my own thoughts and life sneak in a pull me away from the story, but that did not happen at all during this movie. And that for me is outstanding.
So if you haven't gone to it Wanted yet, then go ahead and do it...you won't regret it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
First let me say that she is an adulteress and home wrecker and another unwed mother. Oh an Nae says you are not black......hogwash? lol
love you
MM

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.