Monday, May 05, 2008

Band Wanted



I've grown up around musicians...my dad, my cousins, family friends have always been musicians. And I've grown up with an abundance of music in my life. I sing at church and though for a time in my life I felt it was enough...I don't feel that way anymore. Frankly, my taste and the things I want to explore are vastly different from what is currently happening at my church.
I've always felt this need to want to sing in front of others, not really to show off but because I feel like I need it because it's apart of me, something that needs to be released. If I could play and instrument, I'd be fine...I'd go to open mic nights and sing my heart out...but I don't. I just sing, I try to write, but it's been a long time since I've actually taken the time to sit down and try.
I've been praying for a while now that I'd find someone else who feels the same way I do about music...who doesn't know everything, but is dying to learn and who wants to put their talent out there. Not to make money or be famous but just because they feel a need inside them to release the gift God has given them. I hope I find that person or people and I hope that together we can make an abundance of music that fits us and our souls.

No comments: