Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Easter 2006

Every possible road I choose to walk leads me to you, but my dirty hands are unworthy to touch you, so although your arms are outstretched, I turn down another road and choose to fight against an awesome pain.
My brow sweats as the sky above me darkens, my heart weeps for something, someone to save me, then, there you are, arms open but my feet are too muddy to walk along your streets.
So I back away and begin to run trying to find a way to be worthy...hours, days, weeks, months I journey and in my weariness I find you. Your arms extended but my clothes are to worn to stand in your presence. Ashamed I hide myself until I find away to leave you again.
I sin, lie, cheat, curse, judge, envy, steal and throw stones of hate. I’ve killed and before I know, there you are…
On the cross; beaten, bloody, bruised and broken. I run to you then realize my hands are clean, but yours are dirty
My feet and path are clear, but yours are muddy
As I fall to the ground my tears fall like the blood from your wounds
I shield my eyes from you, because there’s no way I can look upon Your face.

“I did this for you”, he whispers in my ear as he lifts me into his arms
“I’ve never left you”, he says, as He wipes my eyes , sets me on my path and leads me home.
“And I never will…”



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.