Monday, July 15, 2013

Breath of fresh air and air conditioning


  I didn't want to get up, get dressed and go to church yesterday morning.
  I got up too early the day before, was in the car too long and was too achy and tired from my day to even think about getting up, but when 11am rolled around I made myself a deal, if I was ready to go by 11:25, I'd go. I pulled out of the driveway at 11:20. I HAD to get coffee, so I stopped by Jack in the Box and headed in (I ended up being a bit late, but oh well). The moment I was settled, having found a seat and put my stuff down, I felt completely different then I had a moment before. A calmness, a stillness that I've only ever felt there (at this church) came of over me and I was instantly happy for my decision (I also realized I didn't really NEED the coffee after all). Of course, it was also freezing inside and considering that I wore the wrong thing for a hot Summer day, I wondered if it was just the cool that gave me the feeling of relaxation. However, the longer the service went the more I knew it wasn't the a/c, it was God's presence.
  Then the day's speaker stood up. Can I just say, I look forward to Pastor Jude's preaching and the weeks I he's gone, I'm both a bit disappointed and a bit worried about who will speak that day. I'm learning that the staff that covers for him, though they have their own styles, are just as in tune with God as he is and that is an amazing thing to see. Back to the speaker, his name is Jay and from what I've gathered (Jac and Randy are a wealth of knowledge) he's the principal at the school (oh, there's a Christian School "College Heights" associated with the church and the worship leader. Anyway, he spoke about Worship, but not just worship...but really how we should worship and how we should come to God. As always with the City Church it was exactly what I needed to hear. All of his points were on point and half of the things he said related directly with things I either felt or thought that morning. I sat there amazed by God and I knew that even though I took my time getting ready, He engineered the morning for me to be there and hear what He had to say. I usually don't think a sermon is "for me", when I Pastor says I know this is for someone, I rarely feel like I'm that someone. But yesterday I knew that that message was for me.
  It all brought me to a realization I never really thought about before. When I moved, I was excited to flee my parents, I was excited about moving to my dream town and accomplishing something on my own, but what I was most excited about was the City Church, because I felt that it was exactly where I was supposed to be and I still feel that way.
  Am I putting too much into a church/place? No, I don't think so. I feel God there, I feel like big things will happen there and I'm excited that this place is apart of my journey...its a breath of fresh air.

  Until Next Time
  ~m

No comments: