Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Had a Concert, it went pretty well...

Hi All,

As I previously posted I had a concert as part of the Songs for Sudan series at my church to help raise money for our Sudanese project. Well I have to say I think it went pretty well!...Well, at least that's what I keep hearing.

I'm always my harshest critic, so it was completely up to my opinion I would say it was okay. But I've heard from a few people (personally) and I'm pretty sure that my mom interrogated every single person there! And all the reviews are good the whole thing was very received!

I did 8 songs, the names of which i will post below. They were all different genres and I had some cool guys backing me up. Reuben K, Jeff and Charles J. and Anthony M. played with me and I'm so glad they did! I couldn't have pulled it off without them and all their help and support.

The whole crowd seemed to enjoy the show while it was going on, and I was even able to get them up to dance and sing with me.

So all in all a good show. I had fun, the guys had fun and from what I hear everyone there had fun too and isn't that all you want from a concert!

Well Until Next Time....


Oops, here's the set list!

Syrup and Honey by Duffy
Flat on the Floor by Carrie Underwood
Blackbird by Third Day
Indescribable By Chris Tomlin
Sunday Bloody Sunday By U2
Melt My Heart To Stone By Adele
Undignified By David Crowder Band
Nothing Compares to You By Sinead O'Connor

2 comments:

KBugg said...

Hey Mel!
Did you record any of it? I would like to hear you! xox

Melanie said...

James recorded it I think, but I'm not sure I have to find out. I will let you know though