Friday, February 19, 2010

Rudeness

 As I was reading the Bill Cosby rant and in the wake of things I have recently experienced I have been led to believe that people just don'thave manners anymore. I'm speaking in generalized terms here, but I think that you can all see my point. People don't do the simpliest of things. A lot of people don't even say Thank You anymore.
   There was a time when a man would lay down his coat over a puddle so that a lady could walk over it, now not only do men not do that, but they are so rude in general that they'll call a woman out of her name (their woman, in fact).
    Do we all have moments of rudeness yes! Out of frustration or the excuse of being in a foul mood, all people have the capacity to be rude and mean. But to walk into a room and upon entering blech so loudly it can be heard down the hall is just wrong. What's worse is the culprit sees nothing wrong with it at all, they think it's fine. I know that because they don't take the time to say excuse or even attempt to quell the act to begin with. I agree with Mr. Cosby on so many levels, but I also believe that we all have a choice in what we become.
   Mr. Cosby contens that people are the way they are because their parents didn't do their jobs. I agree with that statement in part. Because we have a choice too, we can grow up and become a true product of our environment (good or bad) or we can choose to step out and become something more (or less)! As an adult we make the choice. We decide if we want to live this way. If we are going to take it or if we are going to stand up and realize that we deserve to be treated and to act with respect...let's face it, the act of being rude is an act of disrespect. We know the essentials of it and still we are a disrespectful people. We teach children to say please and Thank You, but if we don't show the example then they will grow up to be just as rude as we are!

   I'm just sayin'

No comments: