Monday, February 15, 2010

Ring

For those of you who've seen me recently you may have noticed a new ring I've been wearing. I'm wearing it on my left hand ring finger as a symbol...it's an understanding between God and I. And it's something to remind me of a promise I've made to Him and that He made to me. If you're wondering where the idea came from I'll give you the background.

My first job was at the Christian Elementary/Jr High school my brother and I attended. One of my favorite kids there was named Cindy. And when she was 15 she had a quinceanera. In the ceremony she was presented with a ring that signified a promise that her father was making to her. That until she found a man to marry he (her father) would be the man to care for her, love her and take care of her. I always thought that was a very special and significant gesture and wished that my father would have thought to do something like that for me. (it didn't happen)

So I decided to do it for myself, the ring I bought is a metaphor. That God is the man in my life until I find that one man that I can truly rely on to love me. That man I can truly love. Everyone who's asked me about it has asked if some guy gave it to me...why? I gave it to myself, and I'm happy with that. It's small and special to me. That's all that matters.

So if you see me rocking my ring, just know that as of now, I'm being taken care of by the one man I know won't hurt me, disappoint me, make me cry and who gave up everything for me. If that's not worthy of at least a ring...then I don't know what is!

Until Next Time!

No comments: