Friday, May 15, 2009

They're Back!!!


Okay so my last post was about the protesting teachers getting arrested outside of the LAUSD building by my job. I mentioned that originally the teachers intended to stage a "sick out" today but were compelled to go to work. Well after the school bell rang, to signify the end of the day, the teacher's association donned their red shirts (these are they official protest shirts) and came out to strike in front of the building again.

Now I can't be sure that these are the same teachers that got arrested earlier, but according to the news those individuals should be out of jail by now and could very well be back outside protesting. I can't see them (they are on the other side of the building) but I can hear them and I can see the traffic being caused by the street closures.

They have a point to make and they will be heard. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to make a difference.


UPDATE: According to the news the teacher arrested this morning were all off track....they did not intend to block the street and were peacefully picketing on the sidewalk across from the building when riot police arrived. When they saw the extremes LAPD resorted to, they then decided to sit in the street. And finally one of the first to be put in the "patty-wagon" was the teacher's association president.

No comments: