Monday, May 11, 2009

Sad...makes me want to cry.

I was reading an article this morning about a solider stationed in Iraq who killed 5 and injured 3 other military personnel. The more of the story I read the sadder I got. The incident took place at a stress clinic in Camp Liberty. I can only assume that the solider was there seeking some kind of treatment to whatever may be ailing him.

I'm not going to preach that he is not at fault for his/her actions, what I will say is...if this person is already showing signs of stress, so much so, that he's seeking help then why does that person have access to a weapon?

Although this shooting is painful and sad the information I gathered from the rest of the article broke my heart. This type of shooting (officer on officer) although more prevalent during Vietnam, has happened before in Iraq, as recently as September 08. And more soldiers have died of non-hostile incidents then have in combat. Most of these incidents stemming from PTD related suicides...and 5 SOLDIERS ATTEMPT SUICIDE EVERY SINGLE DAY IN IRAQ.

5 EVERYDAY!

I think that, for no other reason than this, we need to bring our people home and get them ALL the help and love they need and deserve. My heart goes out to all...the living and the unfortunate dead...lies took them there...hopefully hope will bring them home!


Below is a link to the article I read, if I got any facts wrong I'm sorry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/may/11/baghdad-us-soldier-dead

No comments: