Monday, April 27, 2009

Thinking of de-cluttering

For the last couple of years I've planned to overhaul my bedroom to make it less clutter-filled and more me. But I have never actually done it. It's a time consuming process that I'll have help doing but the lazy dog days of summer never actually amount to anything more than lazy days.
But I have gotten serious about it this year and have decided that I'm going to get rid of the things I don't need and give myself more space in my crowded little room. I've been wanting to paint since....well for a long time and I haven't, but even if I don't paint it this summer, I am planning on getting some new furniture (mounted shelves, a small TV stand, a drafting desk and chair), these are all things that I'd like to have and all will eliminate clutter and add space to my room.

I'm also going to declutter my online life. Starting sometime this summer I'm going to close my myspace and facebook accounts. I'll keep my blog, because even if no one reads it it's therapeutic for me to be able to write it down...and I have no intention of getting a twitter account. I don't really see the point and frankly if I'm tried of facebook and myspace then twitter won't last long.

Hopefully all this will work out, but since I'm actively trying to work on it now, I'm sure it will, in some form. Alright, until next time!

2 comments:

KBugg said...

I read your blog!!!! xoxoxo

Melanie said...

thanks Kristi