Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank You Miss California...

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with Miss California's opinion about gay marriage, but I can certainly thank her for standing by your convictions and giving her honest opinion. What people have to understand and realize is that not everyone in America or the world agrees with homosexuality as a lifestyle, nor do they believe in gay marriage.
So you didn't like her answer to the question. Fine, that's your opinion, that's your right...but it's also hers! She has the right to her own opinion and beliefs, she obviously grew up in a Christian home where she was taught that true relationships ordained by God are between a man and a woman. I was taught that too, would I have given that answer, I don't know. But I do know that I would have tried to be true to myself, my heart, my God and my family. She didn't say anything negative, yet she is being dragged through the mud. I think it's truly unfair and wrong.
I stand up and say THANK YOU to Miss California for standing up and being honest, that's what I think our role models should be. We live in a society where having where loose morals is okay, but standing up for what you believe in can get you verbally beat down and abused in public...damn....it makes me ashamed to be here!

1 comment:

KBugg said...

I feel the same way!