Saturday, October 11, 2008

Goodbyes and Hellos

This post may surprise everyone (well at least those who don't already know). I have always painted the picture of my job at Disney as being "rosey", and it has been. I really like being there overall, but over time things have become extremely tedious, the biggest of these being the amount of money I make, the second being the constant abuse I take from inconsiderate guests. Other than those two things I really enjoy the job.
This week, I was called and pretty much offered a new job at a Law firm downtown, more hours, more money, closer to home and I think a better fit and opportunity for me at this stage in my life. So, I took it and in two weeks I will no longer be an employee of the Disney Company. When things first started happening on Tuesday evening, I was very hesitant about it all, but when I woke up on Wednesday morning I was relieved and calm. I knew/know God is in control of this situation. And, without going into detail, I know that this whole thing is an answer to a silent prayer.
So, I wanted to share my Good news with you all, because that's what I do. I will now be able to live comfortably and not have to stay at home and not enjoy my life simply because I can only afford to put gas in my car. I believe that God placed me at Disney in order to learn somethings about myself that I can use in my future and I have learned alot. I'm so excited about my new place, that I can't forget to be "here" in the current place. I'm ready to move on and that's exciting.
I probably won't post more about this until I start the new job. By then you might not be able to shut me up!

No comments: