Saturday, December 29, 2007

San Marino Recreation Department


I worked for the San Marino Recreation Department for almost 3 years. I gave my all and over the past few months they have really treated me awfully. This treatment actually started a few months after I began working there, but it got worse over the 6 months or so.
I knew this was all going to happen. Over the last year from September of 2006 to August of 2007, my immediate manager was a woman named Lucy, she's great...I really believe she cares, listens and does her best to do things right. But in September the other manager, a lady named Sue, took over my program. Sue isn't anything like Lucy, in fact she not only barely comes to work, I don't think she really even does anything. When I found out that Sue was taking over my program I braced myself for impact. I knew from previous dealings with her that she didn't like me or the way the program was run. She doesn't like disciple she would rather us have a glorified babysitting program where kids are allowed to run rapid eating sugar and destroying things without having to suffer any repercussions. I'm the opposite. I believe that the kids should have fun, but I also think that it's our responsibility to teach them how to get along with each other and to care for things that don't belong to them.
One day in November she made it very clear that she wanted me out. In one day she told us that we would no longer be able to give timeouts, help with academics or have any adult size furniture in our room. She said that this would be department wide, but I found out later that this was a lie.
Then in the middle of December I was called in and told that my work hours were being cut because our budget couldn't handle it....the next day we had a full staff meeting and were told that we had already recouped 93 percent of our budget (mainly because of all the work I did with Alisa), so there's another lie. How is my pay hurting the budget when we have 93% of it back? I was tired of being lied to and treated like crap after spending so much of my time working so hard for this company.
I started to look for another job and well I found one....

No comments: